Hazrat Umar (R.A) is one of the eminent people of Islam who stood with Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) as well as strived a lot to set new examples of Kindness by showing gratitude towards the people of the world regardless their religion, race or affiliation.
1. In his youth, Umar (R.A) was a well-known wrestler, debater and a master of Martial Arts.
2. Before him, his Sister and Brother in Law accepted Islam.
3. After that, He saw these verses of Quran and decided to accept Islam
4. He was 10 years younger than Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH).
5. He (R.A) was the first person who motivated Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) to perform salah in Makkah. Where Muhammad Prophet (SAWW) lead the prayer.
6. He was the one who stood with Muhammad Prophet (SAWW) in tough times.
7. He founded the Bait-ul-Maal (Public Treasury) for the first time.
8. Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) gave him the title of Al-Farooq.
9. Under his command, Muslim last time defeated Persians in 14 A.H.
10. During his reign, Muslims also won the vicinity of Jerusalem.
11. He founded the judicial systems for the first time in the world. As well as, Army headquarters were made, Canals and roads were constructed and the first Islamic lunar calendar was established.
12. He has allowed Teachers , Muazzins, and Imams to get pay from their teaching in their institutions.
13. He was the second Khalifa of Islam.
14. He was martyred by Abu Lulu Feroz. He stabbed him several times. He is buried beside Prophet Muhammad (SAWW).