There are many reasons Muslim Women Can’t Lead Men in Prayer. These cited main points will help you understand why is it prohibited and forbidden in the light of Islam. Points discussed below are the conclusion of many articles and fatwas, which suggests that a Muslim woman can not lead men in any prayer. All of the points that are given below are authentic and the citation can be found at the bottom of this article.
- Women can’t lead the Male in any prayer. Men are Not mahram (Strangers) for women.
- Muslim women can only lead the prayer when only Women are following her prayer.
- If men pray under Women’s lead then his prayer will not be accepted. And he has to offer Naafil.
- She can’t lead it because of Menstruation and other purity matters.
- Women can not pray alongside (Shoulder to shoulder) men.
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has also forbidden the idea of Women leading Men in prayer. (Sahih Muslim)
- In the past 14 centuries, from the day Islam came into being and till now, there is no authentication of women ever leading men in prayer. It shows that this act is strictly forbidden in Islam.
- It is against the Shari ah! It’s not allowed that women lead men in any prayer.
- In the History of Islam, Male was chosen as the Imam and Muezzin. Because leading prayer is more flexible for them.
- A Muslim woman can’t say the prayer (Adhan) and Iqamaah, because it is only for Muslim men, and Women are not allowed to do these things in Islam. And without these two things, leading prayer is impossible for Muslim women.
- If a Muslim woman is leading prayers where only women are present, then she has to lead the prayer by standing with them in the middle row, unlike men.