Uthman Ibn Affan (R.A) was the 3rd caliph of Islam. He was gentle, generous and kindhearted. His name is among the top Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)’s companions. Here are the 12 interesting facts about him.
1. He (RA) used to know as “Ghani” (Faithful). He ruled for approximately 12 years.
2. First 6 years of his rule was peaceful. Meanwhile, the rest of the 6 years was in conflict due to internal inheritance problems.
3. He (RA) was a shy, gentle, kind and generous man.
4. He (RA) was born 7 years after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)’s birth.
5. He (RA) belonged to Quraysh tribe and Uthman was their “Golden Child”.
6. Uthman ibn Affan was able to read and write. Because at that time there were very few people who can read and write.
7. Abu Bakar (RA) introduced him to Islam.
8. He (RA) was married to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)’s daughter Ruqaiyah (RA). Before that she was married to Abu Lahab.
9. He (RA) suffered a lot of torture and pain but did not give up on Islam.
8. On Friday, Uthman (RA) buys slaves to set them free.
10. He also served as protecting and look after the change codex of Quranic Manuscripts.
11. He (RA) was martyred by his rebels when he was reciting Qur’an in his house.
12. He (RA) was martyred when he was 84 years old in 35 A.H