Muslim Scientists have a lot of contribution in this world. From Coffee to cheques all of these things have been invented by the Muslim scientists. There are many Muslim inventions can be found, but these 14 inventions are the most influential inventions of all time.
- An Arab named Khalid was traveling with his goats and found out that the goats feeling fresh after eating a certain berry.
- He boiled those berries and he got what we call Coffee. For the first time, coffee was traded from Ethiopia to Yamen.
- During the 15th century, it arrived in Makkah.
- During 1650 in England, a Turk named Pasqua Rosee inaugurated the first coffee house in Lombard Street in the City of London.
- Arabic qahwa has transformed into the Turkish kahve then it has further transformed into Italian caffé and English coffee
- Chess was invented in Persia.
- From there it spread to the Europe.
- And was introduced by Moors in Spain.
- A Muslim poet Abbas ibn Firnas who was also an astronomer, engineer and musician made many attempts to build a flying machine.
- Abbas ibn Firnas jumped from the minaret of the Grand Mosque in Cordoba, in 852. using a loose cloak stiffened with wooden struts.
- Hoping he would glide like a bird, but failed.
- At the age of 70, He builds, a perfect machine with silk on it. He tried again by jumping from a mountain. He stayed in the air for 10 Minutes at a certain height. Unfortunately, made a crash landing which took his life as well.
- Baghdad international airport is named after him.
- Washing and bathing in the religious requirement in Islam.
- Arabs who made a blend of vegetable oils along with sodium hydroxide and aromatics i.e. thyme oil.
- In 1759, a Muslim who inaugurated Mahomed’s Indian Vapour Baths on Brighton seafront had introduced Shampoo to the United Kingdom.
- During the 10th century, a Muslim surgeon named al-Zahrawi introduced Surgery.
- He taught other people by using Bone saw, fine scissors etc.
- He made all of the instruments by himself. He introduced 200 instruments which most of the surgeons use during their surgical process.
- During the 13th century, a Muslim medic named Ibn Nafis taught people about the circulation of blood.
- All of this happened 300 years before the western world discovered it.
- Originated in Turkey in 1724.
- Turkey invented vaccination to protect their children from deadly smallpox.
7. Fountain Pen
- In 953, the fountain pen was invented on the orders of Sultan of Egypt. Because he wanted a pen which would not stain his clothes.
- Ali ibn Nafi, AKA Ziryaab. Made his way from Iraq to Cordoba in the 9th century.
- He brought the idea of three-course meal soup.
- For the first time, he made soup of Fish or other meat and then Fruits and Nuts.
- Arab and Persians invented the Carpets.
- First, they invented it to Pray.
- Then it spreads into Europe when there was not a concept of carpets.
10. Pay Cheques
- The cheques we use came from Arabic Saqq.
- Arabic Saqq, was a written agreement to pay for goods when delivered.
- Robert of Chester translated the transcripts of an Arab Al Khawarizmi.
- Al-Khawarizmi introduced the Algorithm which derives the theory of Algebra.
12. The Toothbrush
- “Miswak” was first introduced in Islam.
- Doing Miswak is also a Sunnah.
- Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) used to clean his teeth regularly by using a Miswak.
13. Magnifying glass/glasses
- Alhazen (Abu al-Hasan) from Basra was the first scholar who described how the eye actually works.
- Further discovered curved glass surfaces. Which mainly use for the making of Magnifying glass.
- His invention “Reading Stones” was the first magnifying glass of the world.
- The first hospital with nurses and a training center was built in Cairo, Egypt.
- During the Year 872, Ahmed Ibn Tulun hospital was built. Where all patients received free health care.