The Japanese nation is known for their brilliant minds, intelligence, strong health, and politeness. These are the reasons they are leading in this world. And the reason is Japanese Education system! which is producing efficient minds every day.
Here are the 10 interesting things about Japan’s education system which allow them to make their children more efficient;
1. In japan, they do not take any exam from children until they reach Grade four!
They take small tests. They think, children up to 3 years should be judged on its knowledge or learning. But to know the manners. They teach manners from Grade 1 to Grade 4.
2. The academic year of Japanese Education System starts on April 1st
Their academic year is divided into 3 semesters:
- April 1 — July 20
- September 1 — December 26
- January 7 — March 25
3. Their students clean their school themselves
Many Japanese schools do not hire custodians or janitors.
4. Lunch is eaten in the classroom.
In Japanese schools, lunch is based on a standardized menu (Healthy and balanced diet) and eaten within the classroom.
5. It is mandatory for every Japanese student to attend After-School workshops
These classes are held in the evening at school. Japanese students have an 8 hour school a day, including these workshops too.
6. Japanese students also learn Calligraphy and poetry at school
These things are taught to respect their culture and values.
7. All students have to wear a uniform, no casual dressing allowed!
Japanese school uniform is of Military design, designed for both Boys and Girls.
8. School attendance rate in japan is 99.99%
Their students neither skip classes nor arrive late. 0.01% are the one who skip the class due to illness.
9. A single quiz decides their future!
Their passing criteria is very competitive that only 76% of their students are able to make their way to the college.
10. College years are the best holidays!
After getting admission into the college, their students take a little break to celebrate their success.