Netflix’s famous TV series NARCOS is trending on Top on TV Series charts as it releases season 2 and ordered two more seasons “Narcos Season 3” and “Narcos Season 4” which will be out by 2017 and 2018.
Here are some interesting facts about NARCOS and drug lord Pablo Escobar;
1. Pablo was a son of a Farmer and his mother was a school teacher.
2. He was the founder of Medellin Cartel.
3. Wagner Moura gained 40 pounds to play Pablo in NARCOS season 2.
4. Wagner Moura thinks that Drugs should be Legalized.
5. Pablo Escobar’s life was even crazier than its being aired on the show!
6. Pablo’s son “Sebastian Marroquin” hate the NARCOS TV series.
7. No one knows how Pablo died! He pulled the trigger at him all by himself or DEA’s bullet hit him! It’s still unknown.
8. The death scene of Pablo in NARCOS season two was shot exactly at the same place where Pablo died in reality.
9. Narcos was originally going to be a film, but the director decided to make a TV series out of it.
10. Wagner Moura learned Spanish to play Escobar.
11. There are lots of Photos and Video of Pablo because he documented himself really well.
11. Pablo used to spend $2,500 per month on Rubber Bands so he could hold his cash together!
12. 10% of Escobar’s hidden cash was eaten by rats per year, which costs in Billion dollars.
13. Pablo bought a Plane just to transfer his cash!
14. Pablo once burned his $2 Million dollars just to keep his Daughter and Wife warm!
15. Escobar had his control over 80% of the world’s cocaine.
16. In 1989, he was ranked as the 7th richest man in the world.
17. Pablo was responsible for around 4,000+ deaths.
18. Pablo spent millions on constructing parks, schools, stadiums, and hospitals all over Colombia, dedicated to the poor people.
19. Cali cartel mostly operated in US and Europe.
20. Before getting into Cocaine business, Pablo used to sell stolen tombstone to smugglers.
21. He married to Tata Escobar at the age of 27 when Tata was only 15 years old.
22. Escobar transported Cocaine by putting it in Aircraft’s tires.
23. Pilots used to make $500,000 for flying with Pablo’s cocaine.
24. Pablo had 142 Planes, 32 Yachts, 20 Helicopters, 2 Submarines and 41 Homes and Offices which was then seized by the Columbian government.
25. Escobar used to smuggle 15 Tonnes of cocaine each day.
26. Around 25,000 poor people showed up at the funeral of Pablo Escobar.
Also See: NARCOS Cast In Real Life